Oh, God, I’m so tired of the b.s. How does anyone survive this for years and years? They must be very strong people. I think of Mandela and wonder how he survived 27 years of torture. He had to work in the mines and put up with things worse than I’ve ever had to handle.
I think of Mandela and I’m awed by him. After spending 27 years of inhumane treatment by horrible people, he got his freedom and went on with his life.
He became President of South Africa and a spokesman for all the people all over the world who were victims of torture. And not once, not once, did Mandela complain about all his years of torture. He never really looked back. He continues to enjoy life and love his family.
Mandela, if you haven’t heard, is very sick. He’s 95-years-old now. It amazes me that he lived such a long life after all his years of torture. I doubt that if I had to endure the torture Mandela did that I’d still be around. Even now, with the harassment by the perps, I’m a weakling compare to Mandela. Mandela forgave those who tortured him. I can’t say that if I ever get out of this prison that I can forgive my harassers.
But Mandela forgave and he’s a better man for having done so. I’m trying to learn from Mandela on how to be more forgiving, because if I don’t forgive, it will be I who will really suffer. It will be I who will be bitter while all the perps carry on with their lives.
My wishes go out to Mandela that his health improves. There are very few men left who have his charisma. We can’t afford to lose a giant like him. A giant who forgave those who tried to take away his dignity. But that’s one thing they never did, take away his dignity. He lived a life of dignity and he’ll die in dignity.
Mandela, I send you my very best wishes. I know when you leave this earth, you’re definitely going to a better place. And thanks for being such a great influence in my life.
Contact info: http://neverending1.WordPress.com
- Nelson Mandela Remains In Critical Condition With Family At His Bedside (americanlivewire.com)
- Nelson Mandela’s condition critical (crunchedd.com)
- Nelson Mandela in Critical Condition. Family Gathered at Hospital (nsnbc.me)
- Nelson Mandela Remains In Critical Conditiom And Unresponsive (guardianlv.com)
- Nelson Mandela in Critical Condition (abcnews.go.com)
- Family vigil as fears grow that Nelson Mandela’s end is near (thetimes.co.uk)
- Nelson Mandela conditions turns critical: Ex politician near death (bazaardaily.co.uk)
- For Nelson Mandela (sirenatales.wordpress.com)
- Dreams Are Part of Our Heritage Too (familyscroll.wordpress.com)
- Nelson Mandela’s condition ‘unchanged’ (bbc.co.uk)