I can’t believe it’s Memorial Day already. This year is flying by.
I was going to write “Happy Memorial Day”, but I stopped myself. Memorial Day is for honoring men who fought in the wars American has/is in. This is a day to remember all the men killed while fighting to keep the U.S. free. And America has been in a lot of wars and a lot of men lost their lives to keep all Americans free.
Memorial Day always makes me sad. I think of all the men who never got to live a normal life. Who were taken away too young. Whose children never got to know their fathers/mothers.
I was going to write about what soldiers would think of today’s America, but it’s a day to remember all those who’ve died, not a day to be judgmental.
So, in remembrance of those men/women who died in American wars, let us celebrate them for caring about preserving American freedom and willing to die for it.
May they all R.I.P.
Contact info: http://neverending1.WordPress.com
- The meaning of Memorial Day (pajamawarmer.wordpress.com)
- 10 Memorial Day Quotes … Because We Will Never Forget! (thestir.cafemom.com)
- Memorial Day Infographic: Honoring America’s Wartime Veterans (wtvr.com)
- We Must Never Forget: Special Memorial Day Broadcast (woodleyspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Memorial Day Facts You Should Know (wreg.com)